Taking into account the socio-economic crisis that Europe is facing, has made the labor market is being severely hit and unemployment rates are increasing. Unfortunately, unemployment is particularly high in people with fewer opportunities, particularly among women and young people, and this situation is exacerbated among disabled women who face double discrimination: as women and as disabled people. In addition, these women are more vulnerable because of issues related to health-work balance, limited availability for training and access to resources, accessibility barriers, mental or psychological problems.
From this urgent need to find solutions to this social problem, the Ready Woman project is created. The project will contribute to the Europe 2020 Strategy and targets regarding the role of education and training in social inclusion, empowering people and ensuring that citizens, in particular, adults disabled women with low levels of education, unemployed disabled women, and those who have left school early, can access lifelong learning and up-skilling throughout their lives and to improve their levels of employability and social skills.
The READY WOMEN project is focusing on offering new opportunities and innovative instruments to adult women with physical and sensory disabilities for improving their qualifications, and thus their levels of employability, and integration into the labor market, mainly through training actions related to new sources of employment and emerging sectors.
One of the aims of the READY WOMEN project is the creation of the Ready Women Training, which is an interactive whose purpose is to offers women with disabilities the possibility of improving their training to access the labor market, specifically in jobs linked to new yields of employment. These training contents are also a tool that trainers for women with disabilities can use to develop courses that empower them to search for employment and improve their qualifications. The training curriculum is available in 8 languages, (English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Greek, Turkish, Bulgarian, and Latvian), and is available at: https://www.readywomentraining.eu/.
Ready Women training curriculum is divided into six different modules, and this module 6 specifically addresses the theme of the accompanying strategy for job advisors of women with disabilities
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINING MODULE 6
The general objectives of the present training module are as follows:
- To prepare job advisors for the implementation of the accompanying process to access employment for women participating in the project.
- To familiarize women of the target group with employment issues, current labor market situation, and trends, learning strategies and tools related to this market, and, finally, increase their chances of finding a job, such as,
- To inform women with disabilities about their rights when they are exposed, specifically, to labor discrimination;
- Showing women with disabilities the professional benefits of computers, CVs, cover letters, job-seeking websites and social media;
- Guiding women with disabilities in employment matters in order to increase the chances of finding a job.
Contents for trainers are:
- The profile of Job advisor
- Barriers to entering the labour market
- Attitude of women with disabilities
- Job Demand
- Tailored intervention
- The use of social networks
- Employment services
- How to help women with disabilities to write their CV
- Preparing for an interview
Contents for trainees are:
Concepts and definitions will be given to achieve the general objective of the module: to improve job incorporation, improve their degree of employability, considering the personal and professional characteristics of each of them, taking into account the peculiarities of the current labor market and the new sources of employment.
- Self-assessment of professional goal
- Job search techniques
- Job interview